New Year's Project

Its almost that time when we start reflecting and resolving.
I have been giving a lot of thought to many things lately and I decided to screw my resolutions.  
I always have similar ones anyway...
eat better, exercise, get organized, bah blah blah...

I am throwing that bullshit out this year and just going for the bucket list.
There are a lot of things I want to do... write a kids book, design wallpaper... so I need to get cracking.
I am turning 40 in a couple years, so I might be "mid-lifing" here.

Regardless, I made myself a pretty little bucket list book, with a happier name.
I plan on giving each idea or 'to-do' its own page.   
I can write out what I want to do, and then when I do it I can blurb about the experience/ success/ failure as well instead of just "checking it off".


This is how I made mine...
My husband gave me this leather journal in my stocking this Christmas. 
Its by Martha  Stewart and you can get it at Staples here for $9.99.
Also comes in many other sizes and colors.



I started by using a ruler and a Gold Sharpie-*I love this marker* (also from Staples)
and I drew a frame in the center of the cover:
 I was inspired by this book cover I found on Pinterest. 

Actually was planning to do this pattern on a wall in my house, but it has since been demolished.

I found some random coins to use a templates-including those of the chocolate persuasion. yum.
I started at the bottom and traced half of the coin. I made marks at the half points of the coins, and on the bottom center (see the faint black lines?)

I then lined up the marks up with the centers of the previous rows and traced the next row:

*keep the tip of the marker away from the actual edge of the coin by using the plastic edge above the marker tip as a guide. I found the ink bled under the coin if I got too close.

 I took a quarter next and centered it in each scallop and traced again.
I decided too keep this simple and call it a day here:
 I ate my chocolate and named my book...
screwed up my lettering and tried to hide it. 
I was never good with handwriting or lettering.
 So I took a piece of decorative paper and cut a new title area out and glued it on.
(Glue is still wet and visible here)
Also changed my title and raised my own bar...
You only live once, right?




7 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Great idea!

My Interior Life said...

Great idea and, of course, yours looks amazing! Might have to steal this idea . . . I need to dream enormous too! As always, thanks for the inspiration and happy new year!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! And, um, I didn't know they made gold Sharpies! I need one...or twelve!

xx

Teresa said...

Can I just say that this has been the best intro paragraph on any blog that I have come across lately? Thank you for your fresh perspective on the new year and staying to true to what is really important in life!

Lindsey Suggs said...

Such a great post! Love the new journal. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

So smart and so designer-y! happy New Year
Xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Sadie + Stella said...

That looks awesome. Your creativity, girlfriend. Slays me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails